Starting October 17, 2016, the Little Rock IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) will be available by appointment only. If you think that you need IRS services, first check if the service is available online at IRS.gov, then call toll-free 1-844-545-5640 to speak to an IRS representative and schedule an appointment. See below for more information. The full IRS press release is also available here in English and Spanish.
IRS Office in Little Rock Begins Appointment Service on October 17, 2016
(Little Rock, AR) – Taxpayers in need of service at the IRS Little Rock Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) will need to call to schedule an appointment. However, they should first see if their answer is available at IRS.gov. They may be able to resolve their tax question by visiting the IRS website, eliminating the need to be seen at a local TAC.
The IRS will begin taking calls on October 11, 2016, for appointments starting October 17, 2016 or later. Taxpayers requiring assistance should call the special toll-free number, 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment at the Taxpayer Assistance Center located at: 700 W. Capitol, Little Rock, AR 72201
IRS representatives can help resolve their issue over the phone or schedule an appointment at a local IRS TAC if face-to-face service is needed. In most cases, callers are able to resolve their tax issue without having to travel to a TAC, which can sometimes be a significant trip. Taxpayers should always check IRS.gov for days and hours of service as well as services offered at the location they plan to visit.
The IRS is moving to an appointment service at this TAC as part of an ongoing effort to eliminate lines and reduce frustration for taxpayers with more complex tax matters who require in-person tax help. Prior studies show that many taxpayers visit the IRS site to get a tax transcript, make a payment, resolve a notice, obtain a form or publication or ask about their refund. Many of these issues can often be resolved at IRS.gov without traveling to an IRS office.
As a reminder, IRS.gov offers numerous online options for tax help that can save time and effort. Services include:
- Where’s My Refund?, where people can check their refund status and estimated delivery date
- Free File, free tax software offered through IRS partners
- Get Transcript, order a transcript online and have it mailed
- Direct Pay, make tax payments or estimated tax payments directly from a checking or savings account
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, individuals or businesses can make all type of federal tax payments
- Online Payment Agreement, eligible taxpayers can set up installment payments for taxes owe
- Where’s My Amended Return taxpayers can track the status of their amended return
- Answers to tax law questions, provides direct links to helpful resources to answer many tax questions
- All IRS Forms and Publications, find and download current tax forms, instructions and publications
For additional information on available services, check out Publication 5136, the IRS Services Guide.