Arkansas Asset Builders is a partner in the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Our free tax preparation services are provided by IRS-certified volunteers and are available to qualifying individuals and families with:
- 2022 household income less than $60,000,
- Taxpayers with disabilities, or
- Limited-English speaking households.
We serve ITIN holders as well as those who need to apply for or renew an ITIN. We also serve international students and scholars who receive scholarships, stipends, or job-training wages. Tax help is available in English or Spanish, or other languages through an interpreter.
Tax Assistance options
Tax help is available in person at the Faulkner County Library from late January through mid-April every year. Appointments and walk-in assistance are available on Wednesdays, 1-7pm, and Saturdays, 9am-2pm, at 1900 Tyler Street, Conway, AR.
From May through December, we serve taxpayers by appointment at our office location in downtown Conway, AR. Call us or email email@example.com for more information.
If you are not able to meet us in Conway, there are remote tax assistance options available at GetYourRefund.org. You can also prepare your own tax return online (with help from certified volunteers) at MyFreeTaxes.com. These options are available to taxpayers anywhere across the country who meet the income requirements of the VITA program.
Make sure to gather all of the following documents that apply to your tax situation and bring them with you to your appointment. If documents are missing, we will not complete your tax return. For joint returns, taxpayer and spouse must both be present to confirm ID and sign the completed return.
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security cards (or ITIN letters) and birth dates for everyone on your tax return
- Checking, savings, or prepaid card account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC) from all income sources
- Form 1099-G for any unemployment compensation received
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax ID number
- Interest, dividend, or sales transaction statements from banks or investments (Form 1099-INT, Form 1099-DIV, Form 1099-B)
- Information about any other income or expenses to be included in your tax return, such as self-employment or higher education
- Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, if you purchased insurance through HealthCare.gov
- A copy of your prior year tax return, if available
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state for prior year returns, if applicable
Certain complex tax situations are outside the scope of the VITA program. See the IRS website or our poster at the library for more info. For example, we cannot prepare tax returns with farm income, rental property, or self-employment involving inventory or claiming a home office deduction.
Please be advised that the site operating hours, volunteer availability, and services offered are limited. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.