Arkansas Asset Builders’ volunteer tax assistance is currently unavailable as we prepare for the upcoming filing season. We anticipate opening our tax site again in late January 2021, with location, hours, and services TBD. Sign up for our e-mail list or text TAXES to 797979 to get updates when available.
MyFreeTaxes.com and other online IRS FreeFile products are available 24/7 until October 15! See our Self-Prep Taxes page for more information on how you can prepare your own return and get help from an IRS-certified volunteer if you need it.
Arkansas Asset Builders is a partner in the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Our tax preparation services are provided by IRS-certified volunteers and are available to qualifying individuals and families with:
- 2019 household income less than $56,000,
- Taxpayers with disabilities, or
- Limited-English speaking households.
IMMIGRANTS and International students
We serve ITIN holders as well as those who need to apply for or renew an ITIN. Services are available in Spanish or English. Our Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) status allows us to review and verify identity documentation needed to apply for an ITIN, such as passports and ID cards, that would otherwise need to be sent to the IRS for review.
We also serve international students and scholars who receive scholarships, stipends, or job-training wages. Through our partnership with UCA’s Office of International Engagement, we provide on-site tax workshops and ITIN application services specifically for UCA students. Students at other area colleges and universities are welcome at any of our other tax sites.
Taxpayers (and spouse, if filing jointly) must bring the following items in order for your taxes to be completed:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards (or ITIN letters) and birth dates for everyone on your tax return,
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Information about any other income or expenses to be included in your tax return, such as self-employment or higher education
- Checking, savings, or prepaid card account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
If filing jointly with your spouse, both individuals must be present in order to complete the tax return.
Certain complex tax situations are outside the scope of the VITA program. See the IRS website or our poster at the tax site for more info. For example, we cannot prepare tax returns with farm income, rental property, or self-employment involving inventory or claiming a home office deduction.
Please be advised that the site operating hours, volunteer availability, and services offered are limited. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.