VITA Free Tax Prep

Update (3/28/2020): The IRS has extended the tax filing season until July 15, 2020. We plan to provide volunteer tax assistance at the Arkansas Asset Builders office inside Christ Church Conway for the remainder of the filing season. We are not yet taking new appointment requests at this time.

Update (3/16/2019, edited 3/28/20): Volunteer tax assistance is cancelled March 18-28. We will contact all clients with appointments on these days to make alternate arrangements. We will post updates here and on our Facebook page as available. Please call (501) 503-2123 or email with questions or to reschedule your appointment.

2020 Tax Site Hours/Location

Open date TBD – July 15, 2020
Saturdays: 9am-2pm

Christ Church Conway
1065 Clayton Street, Suite 1
Conway, AR 72032 and other online IRS FreeFile products are available 24/7! See our Self-Prep Taxes page for more information on how you can prepare your own return and get help from an IRS-certified volunteer if you need it.

Program Requirements

Arkansas Asset Builders is a partner in the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Our tax preparation services are provided by IRS-certified volunteers and are available to qualifying individuals and families with:

  • 2019 household income less than $56,000,
  • Taxpayers with disabilities, or
  • Limited-English speaking households.

Make an Appointment

Due to uncertainty about future site and volunteer availability, we are not scheduling new appointments at this time. Our ability to serve walk-in clients may also be limited. We are working on contingency plans that would allow us to provide virtual tax assistance services with little or no in-person contact. Once these plans are in place, we may be able to accept new appointments on a limited basis.

Call us at (501) 503-2123, email, or message us on Facebook with questions or for more information.

Unique Tax situations

We serve ITIN holders as well as those who need to apply for or renew an ITIN. Tax assistance services are available in Spanish and English.

We also serve international students and scholars who receive scholarships, stipends, or job-training wages.

Certain complex tax situations are outside the scope of the VITA program. See the IRS website or our poster at the library for more info. For example, we cannot prepare tax returns with farm income, rental property, or self-employment involving inventory or claiming a home office deduction.

Documentation Requirements

Taxpayers (and spouse, if filing jointly) must bring the following items in order for your taxes to be completed:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards (or ITIN letters) and birth dates for everyone on your tax return, 
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • Information about any other income or expenses to be included in your tax return, such as self-employment or higher education
  • Checking, savings, or prepaid card account and routing numbers for direct deposit
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

If filing jointly with your spouse, both individuals must be present in order to complete the tax return.

Please be advised that the site operating hours, volunteer availability, and services offered are limited. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.