Want to become a VITA volunteer?
Arkansas Asset Builders is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program partner, providing free, volunteer-prepared tax preparation to individuals and families with annual incomes up to $55,000. Tax refunds that include the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) are an important resource for hard-working families, helping them to get ahead financially, pay down debt and work toward saving for the future. At VITA sites, IRS-trained and certified volunteers work one-on-one with filers to prepare and electronically file state and federal income tax forms at no charge and determine qualifications for tax credits and refunds.
Here’s how you can help:
- Tax preparer: Prepare and file income tax returns with filers.
- Intake and Savings Specialist: Greet and interview filers, manage appointment schedules, and help filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds.
- Translator: Assist in translating languages for both volunteers and filers.
What you need:
- Experience using computers;
- Time to commit to a one three-hour session per week from late-January until mid-April; and,
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply. No experience is required. Free training is provided.
VITA is a meaningful, unique experience for the volunteers and filers. As a volunteer, you’ll:
- Learn valuable, lifelong skills;
- Obtain an IRS certification to build your resume; and,
- Make a difference in the community where you live by empowering our hard-working neighbors to access important tax refunds at no cost.
Every volunteer-prepared tax return yields an average refund of $2,469 for a hard-working family in Faulkner County. Register now to help bring this important service to our community!