Why volunteer at a free tax site?
Arkansas Asset Builders is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program partner, providing free, volunteer-prepared tax preparation to individuals and families with annual incomes up to $56,000. Tax refunds that include the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) are an important resource for hard-working families, helping them to get ahead financially, pay down debt and work toward saving for the future. At VITA sites, IRS-trained and certified volunteers work one-on-one with filers to prepare and electronically file state and federal income tax forms at no charge and determine qualifications for tax credits and refunds.
Every volunteer-prepared tax return yields an average refund of $2,469 for a hard-working household in our community. Sign up to be a VITA volunteer and put more tax refund money in the pockets of hard-working Arkansans!
Tax Site Roles
- Tax Preparer: Prepare and file income tax returns with filers.
- Intake Coordinator: Greet and interview filers, manage appointment schedules, ensure that clients are served in a timely manner.
- Savings Specialist: Help filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds, pull free credit reports and review with clients, provide referrals to other services.
- Translator: Assist in translating languages for both volunteers and filers.
If you have these skills…
- Experience using computers;
- Time to commit to a one three-hour session per week from late-January until mid-April; and,
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, in English or Spanish.
We’ll provide all the training you need!
VITA is a meaningful, unique experience for the volunteers and filers. As a volunteer, you’ll:
- Learn valuable, lifelong skills;
- Obtain an IRS certification to build your resume; and,
- Make a difference in the community where you live by empowering our hard-working neighbors to access important tax refunds at no cost.
Want to sign up?
Click the button below to register. If you have questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.