Want to become a VITA volunteer?
Arkansas Asset Builders is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program partner, providing free, volunteer-prepared tax preparation to individuals and families with annual incomes up to $54,000. Tax refunds that include the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) are an important resource for hard-working families, helping them to get ahead financially, pay down debt and work toward saving for the future. At VITA sites, IRS-trained and certified volunteers work one-on-one with filers to prepare and electronically file state and federal income tax forms at no charge and determine qualifications for tax credits and refunds. Get more information about upcoming volunteer training by sending your name and contact information to email@example.com. If you’re ready to sign up, you can do so here!
Here’s how you can help:
- Tax preparer: Prepare and file income tax returns with filers.
- Intake and Savings Specialist: Greet and interview filers, manage appointment schedules, and help filers learn about ways to save and stretch their refunds.
- Translator: Assist in translating languages for both volunteers and filers.
What you need:
- Experience using computers;
- Time to commit to a one three-hour session per week from late-January until mid-April; and,
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply. No experience is required. Free training is provided.
VITA is a meaningful, unique experience for the volunteers and filers. As a volunteer, you’ll:
- Learn valuable, lifelong skills;
- Obtain an IRS certification to build your resume; and,
- Make a difference in the community where you live by empowering our hard-working neighbors to access important tax refunds at no cost.
Every volunteer-prepared tax return yields an average refund of $2,469 for a hard-working family in Faulkner County. Register now to help bring this important service to our community!